Mokume gane is the technique of making wood grain and patterned metal. This class will teach you how to make this incredible technique that can add beauty to your jewelry.
You will Learn:
• How to properly clean and prepare metal for creating mokume gane billets.
• Discover what metals bond well with other metals, and what temperatures you should use.
• Which metals are appropriate for mokume gane.
• Discuss patterning, then get hands-on as you use a combination of burs and files, twisting and cutting to pattern your mokume stock.
• How to make a seamless ring, a carved bangle using mokume gane.
What you’ll take home with you:
• The pieces you make in class.
•New knowledge of this technique that will be added to your skill set.